SCREEN-L Archives

February 2003, Week 4

Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:11:16 -0500
From:
Eric Freedman <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
The tape is Jason Simon's "Production Notes: Fast Food for Thought."  I
believe it is available through Video Data Bank.

Eric

On Sunday, February 23, 2003, at 06:42  PM, Max Dawson wrote:

> Greetings.  I'm a first time poster, new to the list, and thought this
> might
> be just the place to track down some info I've been unable to find on
> my
> own.
>
> In my preparations for a class I'll be teaching this semester -
> Teaching
> Television - I'm attempting to locate a copy of a short video whose
> title
> escapes me.  Its a particularly well-known piece, one I've seen in a
> number
> of classroom contexts.  In it a number of famous 1980's American
> television
> ads (one for McDonalds, one for Mars, one for a malt liquor company
> aimed
> towards working class black men, etc) are played, replayed, and paired
> with
> voiceovers of mock ad industry memos outlining the advertisers
> objectives,
> targeted audiences, desired aesthetics, etc.
>
> Ever heard of this one?  Know anyone who might have?  I think it would
> make
> a nice compliment to a unit on advertising I'm working on putting
> together.
>
> Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Max Dawson
> School of Media and Communications
> University of New South Wales
> Sydney NSW 2052
> AUSTRALIA
>
> ----
> To sign off Screen-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF
> Screen-L
> in the message.  Problems?  Contact [log in to unmask]

Eric Freedman, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Communication
Director, Certificate Program in Film and Video

Florida Atlantic University
777 Glades Road
Boca Raton, Florida  33431-0991

561.297.2534