SCREEN-L Archives

February 2003, Week 2

From:
Felicity Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:29:53 +1100
Info provided by my friend Raymond X Devitt:
The Mexican long take film is Homework.
The Magnificent Ambersons has a famous long take sequence.
Hitchcock's Rope is mainly long takes.
Also, Two Lane Blacktop has a one of the longest one shot sequence's and is
shot mainly in the backseat of a car if I remember correctly. Haven't seen
it since film school.

There are a lot of Russian and Eastern European films that used long takes.
Tarkovsky for starters.
Felicity Coombs