SCREEN-L Archives

February 2003, Week 2

From:
Savarese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:11:36 -0300
I guess you are talking about the mexican film "La Tarea" ("The Task" is a literal translation) The director is Jaime Humberto Hermosillo. I havenīt seen it but i think it coinsisted on two long shots.
About the russian film i think it is "Russian Ark" by Alexander Sojurov. The film itself is a 90 minute single take made with steadycam.

Salvador Savarese
Buenos Aires, Argentina

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is all very frustrating!  Critic Adrian Martin once told me of a
South American (Central American?) feature which is ostensibly a
continuous shot, set in an apartment, the idea being that a video-camera

has been left running when a man has an assignation there with a woman.
I know the film exists - I have watched it.  Hell, I may even have it in

my video collection!  It was probably screened by Australia's 'ethnic'
channel, SBS-TV, and I would have taped it then.  But Adrian can't
remember the film's name, or it's director's name either, and nor can
I!  (Yet the film was quite good, I hasten to add.)  Please, can anyone
help?

BTW, I'm told that a recent Russian film also uses the 10-minute take.

Apologies for any cross-posting.