SCREEN-L Archives

February 2003, Week 1

From:
Scott Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:55:49 -0500
t 11:26 PM 2/3/03 -0600, you wrote:
>"As for the Godzilla films, before you criticize, see the original
>Japanese versions, in widescreen for the ones that were filmed that
>way."

OK I'll bite -- where can one find a copy of the original Godzilla? I
imagine that any Japanese DVD/LD release would not have English titling.
Has it ever been legally released on these shores? Since the header for
this thread is 40 for DVD-- not likely -- I suppose I already have my
answer. Still, worth checking....

Scott Higgins
Wesleyan University

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite