SCREEN-L Archives

October 2002, Week 5

From:
Yiman Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:08:34 -0500
Plenty, in both Chinese and English.

The best place to start, I think, is the publications by HOng Kong
International Film Festivals. The 1995 volume "Early images of Hong Kong
and China" should be useful. The 1980 volume is on martial arts film, the
1989 volume is on horror .

A film titled "Xi Yang Jing" (Shadow Magic), dir. Ann Hu, is a
melodramatic account of the birth of film in Beijin in 1905.

Hope this helps.

Yiman Wang