SCREEN-L Archives

October 2002, Week 3

Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 19:25:15 +1000
Robin Wood is generally regarded as a foremost critic and scholar, and
certainly probably the leading Hitchcock authority.  His book
'Hitchcock's Films Revisited' has just appeared in a new edition (pb,
Columbia University Press), and contains a new Preface (30+ pp.) and one
added chapter, on MARNIE.

A review of Wood's book will appear shortly on the New Publications page
of the Hitchcock Scholars/'MacGuffin website.  Meanwhile, some of you
may be interested in reading the ongoing discussion of the book (not
exactly a review) that I've been writing up on the same site's News &
Comment page for the past 2-3 weeks.  (It will start to gradually be
deleted from the top of the page, starting next week.)  The discussion
is as much about Hitchcock as about Wood - but with something of
substance on both, most definitely!  (That's as far as I can judge, of
course.)

To go straight to the page, here's its URL:

     http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~muffin/news-home_c.html

If, for some reason, you can't access the page (e.g., you don't have a
Web browser), just email me and I'll send you the relevant contents.
(This offer, though, applies only for the next few days!)

Apologies for any cross-posting of this note.

- Ken Mogg (Ed., 'The MacGuffin').
Email <[log in to unmask]>.