SCREEN-L Archives

October 2002, Week 3

From:
Lisa Kernan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:47:30 -0700
If your library has access to the AFI Catalog of Feature Films you can
search (using individual volumes or web resource if your library
subscribes) for all US copyrighted films, using the subject heading
"motherhood" in the decades that the AFI has completed (origins thru
1970 excluding 1951-60).
Cheers,
Lisa

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:22:13 -0500 Christine Becker <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> A student working on a senior thesis has approached me looking for film
> suggestions. Her thesis is on images of motherhood across the history of
> Hollywood cinema. I'm generally pretty feeble at generating film titles off
> the top of my head, but it seems a number of people on this list are quite
> good at it. So if some of those people would be kind enough to e-mail her a
> few suggested film titles, she'd be very grateful. Her e-mail address is
> [log in to unmask] and her name is Katie Hakenewerth. Thanks in advance
> for any help you can give her.
>
> Chris Becker
>
> ----
> For past messages, visit the Screen-L Archives:
> http://bama.ua.edu/archives/screen-l.html

Lisa D. Kernan, Ph.D.
Arts Librarian for Film, Television and Theater
(310) 206-4823