SCREEN-L Archives

October 2002, Week 1

From:
"Larsson, Donald F." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 09:21:08 -0500
I can't find anything specific in the references I have at hand about
the plot of MARIE-LOUISE, but there is a cast list including character
names on the IMDB, which ought to at least indicate if the film has the
same characters as your book.  You might try checking for contemporary
reviews in such places as VARIETY, THE NY TIMES, etc.  Since it was an
Oscar winner, someone at the Academy might be able to provide more
information.

As a last resort, a Google search using "Marie-Louise" and "Schweizer"
did turn up some sites in German that might relevant, but I don't read
German.

Good luck.

Don Larsson

"Only connect"  --E.M. Forster