SCREEN-L Archives

September 2002, Week 1

From:
Tim Shary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 10:51:27 -0400
on 9/1/02 12:25 PM, [log in to unmask] at [log in to unmask] wrote:

>> I'd write more, but it's a Friday night and I'm going out to see a
>> movie.
>
> So what did you see?

I went to see "The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys", which stacks its dramatic
deck very high but then can't seem to play all its cards.  As a youth film
researcher though, I still found it rather compelling, and quite
refreshingly mature in its depiction of early-teen sexuality.  I'd be happy
to get a dialogue string going on this film if folks are interested-- as
long as we don't have to deal with Leni Riefenstahl!

Dr. Timothy Shary
Assistant Professor of Screen Studies
Traina Center for the Arts
Clark University