SCREEN-L Archives

September 2002, Week 1

From:
Scott Andrew Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 12:49:48 -0500
Agnès Varda, Julie Taymor, Julie Dash, Leni Riefenstahl, Maya Deren, Antonia
Bird, Diane Kurys, and Vicky Jenson come to mind. Probably the most
successful woman director by Hollywood's terms would be Penny Marshall, but
her films aren't particularly interesting or noteworthy other than as box
office hits.

Scott Andrew Hutchins

Examine The Life of Timon of Athens at Cracks in the Fourth Wall Theatre &
Filmworks
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/scottandrewh

"I *hate* people who make 'education' sound like a dirty word."--Steve
Gerber, "Night of the Laughing Dead." _The Man-Thing_ #5, May 1974.