SCREEN-L Archives

August 2002, Week 5

From:
BARBARA BAKER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:12:49 -0500
Others probably will note these first two U.S. organizations:

Society of Cinema Studies, which has an annual conference.  Go to
www.cinemastudies.org

University Film and Video Assocation also has an annual conference.  Go
to www.ufva.org

In addition, there are sections and divisions in the following
communication organizations that deal with film scholarship:

National Communication Association, at www.natcom.org
International Communication Association, at www.icahdq.org

More specialized conferences often are announced on this site, as well
as in the various publications put out by the above organizations.  I'd
be interested in fantasy/sf/horror academic film conferences myself.

Barbara L. Baker, Ph.D.
Professor
Dept. of Communication
Central Missouri State University
Warrensburg, MO. 64093

>>> [log in to unmask] 08/27/02 10:05PM >>>
I would love to get a list of the most prominent annual, biennial,
national and international conferences and other venues for Film
Studies,
Film and Television, Horror, and Fantasy.  I've been to Console-ing
Passions, and I've been frequently to the International Conference on
the
Fantastic in the Arts.  But I'm lacking knowledge of some major Film
conferences and where and when they meet.  Could anybody help me?
Thanks
in advance,

Sarah

Sarah L. Higley                            [log in to unmask]
Associate Professor of English                office:  (585) 275-9261
The University of Rochester                   fax:     (585) 442-5769
Rochester NY, 14627
Py dydwc glein / O erddygnawt vein?
"What brings a gem from a hard stone?"               Book of Taliesin