SCREEN-L Archives

August 2002, Week 5

Sender:
From:
Jessica Rosner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:09:51 -0400
You could do a copyright search at the library of congress. There are several
reasonably priced researchers but I expect it costs
at $100 per film. However don't waste your
money. Major studios are VERY,VERY, VERY unlikely to be interested in lesser
known
B pictures. Right now they are going to be spending the next several YEARS
going through their back catalogue of major titles to
put out on DVD.
You would have a much better chance trying
to convince TCM to run them on cable

Trust me there is NO point in wasting your time by writing to studios for
video/dvd releases. As a friend of mine who works
for a major studio once scrawled for me
on a napkin when I made complaints
about their disinterest in both prints
and videos of older titles "THEY DON'T CARE"

Jessica Rosner

http://pub4.ezboard.com/fscarletstreetrkoandotherstudios.showMessage?topicID=4