SCREEN-L Archives

August 2002, Week 4

From:
Ron Leming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:57:48 -0500
I would never say that Riefenstahl was the best woman director ever,
Triumph of the Will, taken purely as a movie, wothout the emotional
content, is a good film, as well as a historical documemt. She was
important as an early female film maker, but that's about it. I don't
really expect much from her new film about underwater life. And there
are far more important women film makers.
--
It's like our brains have minds of their own

http://www.bonestructure.net