SCREEN-L Archives

May 2002, Week 5

Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 17:41:31 -0400
Dear Film Scholars,
      A colleague in the Philosophy Department has compiled an anthology on
female breast cancer. She is looking for one more essay, specifically
something on the iconography of the female breast, the "breasted body," the
ideology of the breast, the history of the representation of the breast, OR
any essay that might broaden the scope of an anthology that considers
breast cancer and its treatments from a cultural studies point of view.
Needless to say, an essay that involves cinema would be especially welcome,
even if it does not directly involve breast cancer.
      My colleague is as interested in essays now in print as she is in
scholars who may be willing to submit an essay. If you know of a good
essay or book, go ahead and send the information about it to the entire
list. But if you or someone you know wants to get involved in this
project, please feel free to write me off-list.

Sincerely,

Krin Gabbard
Professor of Comparative Literature
Library E4309