SCREEN-L Archives

May 2002, Week 4

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 12:25:41 -0500
Amie Siegel requests:

> Klute
> Ordinary People
> Spellbound
> Analyze This
> Beyond Therapy
> The President's Analyst
> Freud the Secret Passion
> Shock Corridor
> Alice
> Another Woman
> Annie Hall

My apologies for any repeats of the other suggestions. I can't vouch
that all of these actually feature couch (or Eames chair) sessions:

I, THE JURY (with an evil woman shrink!)
also BASIC INSTINCT
BOB AND CAROL AND TED AND ALICE
LADY IN THE DARK (with too many of Kurt Weill's songs left out)
Ginger again, with Fred, in CAREFREE
Jerry Lewis' THREE ON A COUCH
BLIND ALLEY and its remake THE DARK PAST
PRESSURE POINT, with Sidney Poitier as a prison shrink
NIGHTMARE ALLEY
Jane Fonda, checking nun Jennifer Tilley, in AGNES OF GOD
Gregory Peck as an Army shrink in CPT. NEWMAN, M.D.
WHAT'S NEW, PUSSYCAT?
the late Dudley Moore in LOVESICK
Bette Davis redeemed by Claude Rains, in NOW, VOYAGER
DAVID AND LISA
Richard Gere, with Uma Thurman and Kim Basinger, in FINAL ANALYSIS
PRINCE OF TIDES
Richard Burton in EQUUS
Freud himself analyzes Sherlock Holmes in THE SEVEN PER-CENT SOLUTION
Several Woody Allen films, eg., ZELIG
A brief scene in GROUNDHOG DAY
William H. Macy as a hitman on the couch in PANIC

I know that there are several references to psychotherapy in the recent
Argentinian film SON OF THE BRIDE, but I can't recall if there is an
actual session depicted

Several of Bergman's films, eg., FACE TO FACE
Teshigahara's FACE OF ANOTHER

Don Larsson