From:
jane mills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:21:34 +1100

Understanding the plot.

Apologies for cross-listing

Un chien Andalou, The Big Sleep, Seven, The Usual Suspects, The Matrix, Velvet Goldmine, Gummo, Mulholland Drive all films that have incoherent or, to some, incomprehensible plots and storylines. (For some reason I am always completely baffled by films about counter espionage.) Does it matter? Do we need to understand the plot of a movie to enjoy it? Could you let me know more titles of incomprehensible films, any academic articles on the subject , and your views on the subject?

Jane Mills
Honorary Associate, The University of Sydney;
Senior Research Associate, Australian Film,Television & Radio School
27 Dudley Street, Bondi, 2026
Tel: 9300 8836