SCREEN-L Archives

February 2002, Week 4

From:
Felicity Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Felicity Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 14:38:52 +1100
Mirimax may not be the correct people to be speaking to regarding your film
stills. When I had to obtain permission for stills from The Piano, which
Mirimax had produced, it was actually Ciby 2000 who had to give permission.
On the legal side of things, I would think if you hold copies of the
correspondence or notes on who and when you spoke to Mirimax and have no
'intent' to steal the images then maybe you could just use them anyway while
you continue to seek the correct permissions.