SCREEN-L Archives

February 2002, Week 4

From:
"Ender, M. DR BS&L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 11:23:17 -0500
hi...i recommend the following, i'm not sure the degree to which they
represent attitudes though:

Anderegg, Michael (Ed.). (1991). Inventing Vietnam: The War in Film and
Television. Philadelphia,
PA: Temple University Press.

Dittmar, Linda and Gene Michaud (Eds.). (1991). From Hanoi to Hollywood: The
Vietnam War
in American Film. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press.

Doherty, Thomas. (1999). Projections of War: Hollywood, American Culture,
and World War II.
NY: Columbia University Press (the last chaper covers the films you are
interested in)

Morten G. Ender, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Sociology
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Leadership
Thayer Hall, Room 282E
United States Military Academy
West Point, New York 10996
U.S.A.