SCREEN-L Archives

December 2001, Week 1

From:
Mark Langer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 11:51:54 EST
Astrid,

Are you familiar with the Donald Duck Signs Up book? There is also some
mention of this topic in Holliss and Sibley. If you extend the propaganda
to the Latin American films (and I think that you should) there is quite
an extensive literature, with articles by Burton-Carajaval, J.B. Kaufman, etc.

I'd suggest that you also look at some primary materials, such as articles
in the trade papers of the war period. They can be a goldmine of
information on the subject in regard to the Office of War Information.

Have you done a literature search, or is this query a fishing expedition?

Mark