SCREEN-L Archives

November 2001, Week 4

From:
Melanie Kent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:04:55 -0800
SAVE THE DATE!

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 9, 8:30pm

SELECTIONS FROM 25 YEARS OF THE MARGARET MEAD FILM & VIDEO FESTIVAL

Compelling and daring short works exploring the boundaries of
non-fiction selected from the American Museum of Natural History's
Margaret Mead Film & Video Festival. This year marks the 25th
anniversary of the Festival.

"But," I asked, "last week I saw Nanook of the North - was that
fiction too?" "Ask your father," she said. My father tried to explain
that there was no difference between fiction and real film. The fact
was that those small dogs in the snow were very cold, and in the film
the actors were very good. - Jean Rouch

Program curated by Mead Festival staff & Isabelle Dupuis

$6
Galapagos Art & Performance Space.
70 North 6th Street
(between Wythe and Kent)
Williamsburg Brooklyn, NY 11211
Tel/Fax: 718.388.8713
www.ocularis.net

By Subway: Get the L subway line to Bedford avenue stop, first stop
in Brooklyn. Walk one block south to North 6th street and two and a
half blocks west. By car; take the BQE (Brooklyn Queens Expressway)
to the Metropolitan exit and drive west to Bedford Avenue and north
to North 6th street. On North 6th street turn west for two and a half
blocks.