SCREEN-L Archives

October 2001, Week 2

From:
Vinzenz Hediger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 09:20:29 +0100
Hi all

I was wondering, which American Film Director can Oliver Stone be compared
to. For example where does he draw his cinematic style and narrative style
from. I am just curious to know because I enjoyed watching JFK, PLATOON AND
BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY.

Kind regards

Try Cecil B. DeMille, the other great self-declared (and self-important)
Hollywood historian. As for cinematic and narrative style: Don't be fooled
by the montage. These are very conventional films.

Kind regards,

Vinzenz Hediger, University of Zurich

Vinzenz Hediger         Mailto:[log in to unmask]
Seminar für Filmwissenschaft    Phone:   +41 1 362 02 31
Universität Zürich              Fax        +41 1 362 02 31
Plattenstrasse 54               Phone:   +41 1 634 35 39
8032 Zürich                     alt. e-Mail: [log in to unmask]