SCREEN-L Archives

October 2001, Week 2

From:
William Lingle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 14:56:22 -0700
An interesting place to begin is the chapter "American Motion Pictures and
the New Popular Culture, 1893-1918" in Dan Czitrom's Media and the American
Mind. I use this in three courses with good results.

William Lingle

--On Mon, Oct 8, 2001 1:26 PM -0400 Ellene Phufas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I will be teaching a course called American Film after having taught
> Intro to Cinema for several years. Can anyone recommend a strategy for
> such a course? I have always focused on the technical and directorial
> contributions of films but I would like to try a different focus, the
> relationship between US cultural history and films perhaps?
> Any suggestions would be most welcome including a recommendation for a
> text and films.
> Eleni Phufas
>
> ----
> Screen-L is sponsored by the Telecommunication & Film Dept., the
> University of Alabama: http://www.tcf.ua.edu

William M. Lingle Phone: 503.434.2521
Department of Communication Fax: 503.434.2566
Linfield College Email: [log in to unmask]
McMinnville OR 97128-6894
USA