SCREEN-L Archives

October 2001, Week 1

Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 10:30:32 EDT
Dear friends,
My apologies for cross-posting, but we are finally coming out with our new
video catalog for this year and we want to make sure everybody who desires a
catalog gets one. If you're interested, please email me at [log in to unmask]
and send me your postal address. The catalog will be out in a few weeks!

Among the new titles are:
"John Canemaker: Marching to a Different Toon" (the collected works of this
wonderful independent animator)
"The Adventures of Prince Achmed" (restored, with a one-hour documentary on
Lotte Reiniger and a Nivea commercial she did in the early 1920s)
"Captured on Film: The True Story of Marion Davies" (with her feature
"Quality Street")
"Without Lying Down" (doc on Frances Marion along with the film she wrote, "A
Little Princess" starring Mary Pickford and ZaSu Pitts)
Michael Powell's "Edge of the World" (with "Return to the Edge ofthe World")
Rolando Klein's "Chac"
Marcel Ophuls' "The Sorrow and the Pity"
Ernst Lubitsch's "Eternal Love"

and many more...

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video