SCREEN-L Archives

September 2001, Week 1

Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 16:40:17 -0400
>I've noticed that a couple of synopses of the film do not mention >that last bit either.  Does anyone know if the film was released (or
>re-released) without that ending? It's not uncommon for such things >to happen on TV but AMC usually tends to be pretty good about not >cutting.

There are British and US edits of Strangers but I don't know what the differences are. Both are available on the US DVD. Such variations are fairly common as most of you probably know and may also account for the La Notte thread.

(In case anybody's interested, a piece I wrote about some alternate versions is available at http://www.turnerclassicmovies.com/News/Index/0,3371,31|17|,00.html It's not highlighted or marked off but starts 2/3rds down with "All of this talk about Apocalypse Now Redux started us wondering about films that exist in two versions" and runs to the bottom of the page; material above that sentence is not mine.)

Lang