SCREEN-L Archives

April 2001, Week 3

From:
Ryan Krivoshey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:11:41 -0400
Dear list members,

First Run / Icarus Films would like to bring to your attention a new
documentary on cinematographer Sven Nykvist, that we believe might be of
interest to you.

If you would like more information on this film, please don't hesitate to
contact me at the email or phone number listed below.

Thank you.

Ryan Krivoshey

LIGHT KEEPS ME COMPANY
A Film by Carl-Gustaf Nykvist

Considered one of the foremost cinematographers in the history of film,
Sven Nykvist is best known for his work with Ingmar Bergman, a
collaboration that spanned three decades and produced some of the most
important films of modern cinema.

Through film clips from Nykvist’s remarkable oeuvre and interviews from an
array of film personnel who’ve worked with him over the years, including
Ingmar Bergman, Roman Polanski, Woody Allen, Liv Ullman, Susan Sarandon,
and a host of others, LIGHT KEEPS ME COMPANY – directed by Sven Nykvist’s
son – profiles the life and work of the celebrated Swedish cinematographer.

"A moving, multi-layered portrait of veteran Swedish cinematographer Sven
Nykvist, [LIGHT KEEPS ME COMPANY] is essential viewing for film buffs - and
anyone interested in the making of quality movies." -- Variety

FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://www.frif.com/new2000/lig.html

Ryan Krivoshey
First Run / Icarus Films
32 Court Street, 21st Floor