SCREEN-L Archives

March 2001, Week 5

From:
clrobins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:32:13 -0500
>I am currently looking for filmic depictions of the postmodern subject:
>films such as LOST HIGHWAY, BEING JOHN MALKOVICH & AMERICAN BEAUTY.
>I would value any suggestions that fit into this category.

FIGHT CLUB, most of the Coen Brothers' films seem to be parodies of the
postmodern subject, RUN LOLA, RUN

Carol

===================================
Carol L. Robinson, Ph.D.
Kent State University - Trumbull
4314 Mahoning Ave., NW
Warren, OH  44483
PHONE: (330)-675-8949
FAX: (330)-675-6610
WEB: http://faculty.trumbull.kent.edu/robinsoc/
"Literature, or written language in general, was not the companion
of speech, but its opponent, because it belonged to the open world
of light, space and the eye, not the closed world of sound, time and
the ear. We needed to break out of the ancient prison-house of speech
and one-dimensional temporality, and disport ourselves in the
multi-dimensional spaces of writing or 'textual productivity' instead."
-- Jonathan Rée. I SEE A VOICE: DEAFNESS, LANGUAGE AND THE SENSES (1999)