SCREEN-L Archives

December 2000, Week 4

From:
Peter Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 16:58:19 EST
Dear Film Scholars,

       I need help....on a reference work for a major publisher.  This help
is needed from folks who have written on the topics below and can observe
a quick turnaround.  In each case, the topic is listed and the word count
supplied.  Please do NOT write to me if it looks interesting, but you have
nothing focused right now; all of the topics are of interest, but we are now
on the last lap of a project that needs to finish up soon.

       The goal of this project is to compare/contrast the findings of
historians
on the topic with the productions of Hollywood and selected documentarians.
The book is a long one with many, many these, chronological topics, and
famous persons.  The items below are some gaps which have developed
for various reasons.   ( The list is not a microcosm of the reference work,
so please do not read it as such....just some tasks that have not been
completed.)

       Please respond first on the topic...Once we have some conversation
about the topic, we can get into filling in the picture about this scholarly
project.  The publisher is a major university press and authors will be paid
when the final, completed manuscript is accepted.

       If you write to me about this project, please include the following in
your response:

       Clear statement of which topic you want to address.
       Full citation of a written and published effort on the topic, to
include
             theses and dissertations.
       Full address, phone, and e-mail as part of the signature portion of
the note.

Many thanks for your interest in this project.  I would not be averse to a
phone call during normal, working hours.  (I will be unavailable from 2-8
Jan.)

Here are the topics:

       The 1920s (3000)

       The Constitution (2000)

       Theodore Roosevelt (1000)

       Progressivism (1000)
       Conservation and Ecology (2000)

       Asian Americans (2000)
       Italians (1000) and, alas, Crime and Mafia (2000)
       Americans Abroad and the  Ugly American (2000)

Please get back to me when you can....We can start talking and
you can start pouring your existing knowledge into the reference mold
we have in mind.

Many thanks for your interest and expertise,

Peter Rollins