SCREEN-L November 2000, Week 3

Re: [representations of pregnancy]

Mark Bahlin <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:42:56 +1030

What was also interesting about that Star Trek Next Gen episode when Troi
was pregnant was that it was directed by Rob Bowman - one of the main
honchos resposible for The X-Files. I am sure there are quite a few episodes
where the issue of paranormal pregnancy ('something is in the body') would
have made excellent X-File material. That Next Gen episode certainly has a
weird 'feel' to it.

Interesting to note that Scully is pregnant in this series. I'm from
Australia, so I'm reading about episodes we won't see until next year!

Mark