SCREEN-L Archives

September 2000, Week 4

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:57:56 -0500
Please forgive the self-serving nature of this note, but I'd like to get
the word out about the reprint edition of TELEVISION:  CRITICAL METHODS AND
APPLICATIONS--a book David Bordwell has called "an ideal text for courses
introducing television to undergraduates."

Since the book has been put out of print by Wadsworth, some professors have
assumed it's unavailable.  Fortunately, there is a reprint edition (ISBN
0534722792) available from Thomson Learning Custom Publishing.  It's a
high-quality reproduction of the original.  For a review copy, please
contact Mark Clippinger at Thomson ([log in to unmask]).

If your college bookstore tries to order to original they should
automatically be shifted over to the reprint edition, but I've heard
reports that this has not worked correctly.  If you request the ISBN
(above) you should not have any problems.

I'm currently slaving away on the second edition, which will be released by
Lawrence Erlbaum in fall 2001.  It'll feature improved frame grabs, all new
illustrations, a new chapter on TV commercials, and updated references.

Stay tuned!

----
Jeremy Butler
ScreenSite http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite
Telecommunication & Film/University of Alabama/Tuscaloosa