SCREEN-L Archives

August 2000, Week 3

From:
Stephen Tropiano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:59:52 -0400
I am teaching a course on Images of Men and Women in the Media.
In the past I have started with the star system and Marilyn Monroe and
then had students read Laura Mulvey's "Visual Pleasure and Narrative
Cinema" and watch "Peeping Tom," which all the students seem to have seen.

I was curious if anyone has suggestions for an alternative film.
More importantly, I am considering tying in something about the new
voyeurism in our culture (i.e. reality shows, "The Real World,"
and webcams/internet).

can anyone point me towards any articles or screening suggestions.
Thank you.

Stephen Tropiano
Ithaca College LA Program

"What is essential is invisible to the eye."
                  -THE LITTLE PRINCE

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite