SCREEN-L Archives

July 2000, Week 4

From:
Peter Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 18:01:45 EDT
Dear Film and History Scholars,

Prof. Emeritus, John Lawrence, has completed the next stage
of his list of films featuring the Presidency.  The newest version
also lists the Director in each case--an helpful detail for thinking
about continuities, themes, etc.

This list will continue to grow and Prof. Lawrence welcomes
friendly comments and additions...Send them to him at the following:

Here is the quickest route to the list:

http://www2.h-net.msu.edu/~filmhis/presidentialfilms/films1.html

This project is part of the Presidency on Film and TV Conference
efforts by Film & History.  The door is still open for proposals and will
remain open to 1 September.   In addition, we welcome historians and
humanists who wish to immerse themselves in this interdisciplinary
field as a preparation for their own, future work.  Truth to tell, that kind
of immersion is what many of us sought when we were beginning our
work in this field. (For me, it was a workshop on documentary at
Brandeis U while I was a graduate students in American Studies at
Harvard U.)

Please take an interest in John Lawrence's wonderful spreadsheet dealing
with The Presidency on Film and spark up an interest in our conference,
November 10-12, 2001.

We would be delighted to answer any questions, of course, but the
Film & History web site has a lot of information---indeed, some would
say a plethora of information!

Best regards,

Peter Rollins

Peter C. Rollins, Editor
Film & History: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Film and TV Studies
(Web site: http://h-net.msu.edu/~filmhis)
RR 3  Box 80
Cleveland, OK 74020
(918)243-7637 and fax 5995

Comments:  Individual subscription information on the web site
as well as information and FAQ's about the CD-ROMs.  There are
also discussion items and essays on Saving Private Ryan, Amistad,
CNN's Cold War, and a host of other topics.  The Table of Contents
for the last thirty years is there as well.  Lastest issues deal with the
Medieval Era in film.  Next issues will focus on Television as
Historian and edited by Gary Edgerton (Old Dominion U).

Next conference  is in November, 2000 on The Presidency in Film
at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, Simi Valley, California
(45 mins. north of LAX).  Information and registration details are on
the web site!

           http://h-net.msu.edu/~filmhis

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite