SCREEN-L Archives

June 2000, Week 1

Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 12:26:58 EDT
Sorry it took me so long to respond to this, but I was away for a few days
and i couldn't dig out my files. I have notes on:

The Learning Tree (Parks, 1969) is out on video so locating the owner should
be fairly easy.

Nothing But a Man (Roemer, 1964)
Films Inc. had this, so it must be with Kit Parker

The Spook Who Sat By the Door (Dixon, 1973)
Ivan Dixon's information a few years back was: 27350 Barkes Way, Box 23,
Tehachapi, CA 93561 Phone: (805) 821-6036. At the same time, Pearl Bowserof
African Diaspora Images had a print. Her phone number, last I knew, was (718)
852-8353. If she's no longer there, you can probably get her contact info at
Third World Newsreel in NYC. At the same time, I just found a note where she
had said the print had faded and no longer watchable. Pearl also had the
print of Ganja and Hess, but Lang was right, you're much better off showing
it in the restored DVD version.

I also had notes on Hit Man and The Mack for this series that the BFI did
back in 1995. Unfortunately, in the case of many of the Blacksploitation
films of the 70s, many were badly attended to and the colors of the master
material faded badly.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128