SCREEN-L Archives

May 2000, Week 2

Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 19:52:35 -0500
_The Pillow Book_ changes aspect ratio, as intended by the director
depending upon at what point in time the action is occuring.  I believe
this is lost on the video though.  I saw it at Madame Walker Theatre,
where the Academy ratio parts were partially on the curtains, annoyingly
enough.

Scott

Scott Andrew Hutchins
http://php.iupui.edu/~sahutchi
Cracks in the Fourth Wall Filmworks/Oz, Monsters, Kamillions, and More!
(with special musical guest Leila Josefowicz)

"Who's John Adams?"  --Vice President Albert Gore, Jr., at Monticello,
after failing to recognize busts of other founding fathers.