SCREEN-L Archives

May 2000, Week 2

From:
Sharon Knolle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 22:16:13 -0700
I'm working on an article about film credits appearing at the end of the
movie.
Examples where this happens: All Star Wars films, Ronin, Titanic, The X-Files
movie, The Matrix, and also Gladiator.
I believe that the first film where this occurred was Star Wars but Lucasfilm
couldn't confirm this for me.
A colleague suggested Lucas would have needed a special dispensation to be
able to run the credits after the film: but from who?
the director's guild? actors guild? All help appreciated.
If you have other examples of films with end credits or know of any
documentation on this trend, please send them my way.
Thank you.

Sharon Knolle