SCREEN-L Archives

February 2000, Week 3

From:
Ira Joel Haber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:20:15 EST
In a message dated 02/17/2000 7:13:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  sure hope you are right.  What's wrong with awarding a long
 overdue Oscar to an outstanding performance by an African-American
 actor?  Speaking of overdue: when is the Academy going to award a
 lifetime achievement Oscar to the Nicholas Brothers??

Nothing if that actor indeed deserves the award. I've always had problems
with Washington,  he seems to me to repeating the same performance over &
over. I also don't like him as a person. He's very homophobic, and besides he
already won a supporting actor Oscar. As far as lifetime awards go, the list
is endless. How about Doris Day? Although I've heard that she's turned down
every honor offered.

Ira Joel Haber
Cinemage Books

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite