SCREEN-L Archives

January 2000, Week 5

From:
Sandy Camargo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:06:46 -0600
I'm currently teaching a class that analyses pairs of European films
and American remakes. Since you don't say which films you are doing,
it's harder to advise you, but two books I've used parts of are PLAY
IT AGAIN, SAM edited by Andrew Horton and Stuart Y. McDougal
(University of Cal P, 1998),which deals with all remakes but has a
section that looks at cross-cultural remakes; and Carolyn Durham,
DOUBLE TAKES (Univ. P. of New England, 1998), which deals strictly
with American remakes of French films.
        Sandy Camargo
        Department of English
        University of Missouri