SCREEN-L Archives

January 2000, Week 3

Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:25:44 -0600
CALL FOR CONFERENCE PAPERS
NEW DIRECTIONS IN SCREEN STUDIES:
THE SECOND ANNUAL FSAC GRADUATE COLLOQUIUM
When: 25-26 MARCH, 2000
Where: CENTRE FOR FILM AND THEATRE
YORK UNIVERSITY
TORONTO, ONTARIO

The Film Studies Association of Canada (FSAC) is pleased to invite
submissions for its Second Annual Colloquium dedicated to graduate
research in film, television and new media. The organizers welcome
proposals on any research topic that is currently underway or recently
completed as it relates to screen studies. We welcome proposals in the
areas of theory, history, film/media production and writing.

The purpose of the Graduate Colloquium is to provide a forum for
M.A./M.F.A. and Ph.D. students both inside Canada and abroad to
present and receive feedback on their work. We hope that the conference will
enable students to meet and exchange ideas on graduate research, pedagogy,
graduate studies funding,
AND MORE.
FSAC will help to cover the travel costs of students participating in
the conference.
Please send paper proposals (200 words) and/or suggestions for
innovative formats (round-tables, discussion groups, workshops, etc.)
designed to encourage dialogue to:

Janine Marchessault
Department of Film and Video
York University
4700 Keele St.
Toronto, Ontario
M3J lP3
Tel: 416-736-2100 x22178
Fax: 416-736-5710 Email: [log in to unmask]

********* DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS JANUARY 31st, 2000 *********