SCREEN-L Archives

June 1994

From:
timothy paul good <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 1994 13:56:19 -0500
Folks,

Where have all the black and white films gone? Aside from Woody Allen's
"Shadows and Fog", I am not aware of any recent (mainstream?) attempts in
this area, nor anyone beside Woody Allen who consistently makes use of
black and white film. Can someone help me overcome my ignorance?

I am also interested in the "theoretical" use of black and white film in
the age of color, as well as in intermittent use of color or black and
white (for instance, "Rumblefish") in film.

Any sources or thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.

Tim