SCREEN-L Archives

April 2003, Week 1

Sender:
From:
Paul Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 15:36:41 +0000
[Apologies for cross-posting]

Hi All,

Please see the Call for Papers, below. EnterText is a peer-reviewed
electronic journal, based in the Department of English at Brunel
University. I am guest-editing this edition, themed around Animation
as a topic. This can be understood broadly, to include work-in-
progress, creative work etc, as well as more conventional scholarly
essays. I would also like to include, if at all possible,
contributions that integrate creative work with scholarly research.
With regard to how I'm defining 'Animation' - well, over to you. The
areas noted in the CFP are really just 'pointers', rather than
concrete 'boundaries'.

Please forward this to anyone you think might be interested. If there
are any queries, please contact me. Anyone who is thinking of
contributing something that includes creative/practical work, please
bear with me, as I am something of a novice in this particular area!
Any advice would be appreciated, actually, on how to 'publish'
creative work in this kind of electronic context.

Cheers

Paul

Here's the text of the CFP:

ENTERTEXT

An interactive interdisciplinary e-journal for
cultural and historical studies and creative work

EnterText 4.1:  Animation

This special issue on animation focuses on, but is by no means
limited to:

•       Historical and contextual studies of specific animators or
animated films, traditions or styles

•       Explorations of how new technologies are changing our
perception of animation as a distinct object or set of practices

•       The convergence between live action and animated forms

•       Animation and spectatorship

•       Critical reflection by animation practitioners on their own
work, or the work of others (essays may be illustrated by animation
clips or still images, so there is an opportunity for contributors to
explore `annotated' work)

Note: EnterText welcomes the submission of creative work. Stand-alone
animation work will also be considered for inclusion, within the
capabilities of the online journal forum. Scripts, work-in-progress
and other projects will also be considered.

For more information about EnterText, notes for contributors, and
previous editions, go to www.brunel.ac.uk/faculty/arts/EnterText/

Deadline for submissions: 1st November 2003 [though work can be submitted
ongoingly up to this date]

If you have a question about a potential submission, please contact
the edition Editor, Paul Ward ([log in to unmask]).

Paul Ward
Lecturer in Film and Television Studies
Dept. of Performing Arts
Brunel University