SCREEN-L Archives

November 2004, Week 4

From:
P P Powrie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:04:40 -0000
Dear Colleague

[message sent to French and Film lists; apologies for crossposting]

This is to let you know that we are advertising a Readership in French, with an emphasis on French Film, in the School of Modern Languages at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. The film and media group in French was a 'flagged research group' in the last research assessment exercise, achieving the highest possible grade, and we are looking for a high-level researcher to join us. The closing date for the post is 20 December.

Doug Morrey and I work in French Cinema within the French section of the School of Modern Languages; there are a number of colleagues teaching and researching in German and Spanish cinema in the School; and there are several colleagues, including a Professor of Film Studies, in the School of English, working either in Film Studies or digital media.

If you would like to see what we do in Film Studies, click here: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/sml/film/index.php.

The page devoted to research themes in Film Studies can be found here: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/sml/film/postgrad/research.php.

For a link to the advertisement, click here: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/vacancies/vacancy.phtml?ref=G103. The further particulars are downloadable.

If you would like to find out more about Film Studies and/or the post, please contact me by email to arrange a phone conversation.

Phil Powrie
Professor of French Cultural Studies
School of Modern Languages
University of Newcastle upon Tyne
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU
Tel: 0191 222 7492
Fax: 0191 222 5442
Email: [log in to unmask] http://www.ncl.ac.uk/sml/staff/profile/p.p.powrie

--
content by the NorMAN MailScanner Service and is believed
to be clean.

The NorMAN MailScanner Service is operated by Information
Systems and Services, University of Newcastle upon Tyne.