SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

From:
James Tichenor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 1994 17:18:00 -0500

>AVID system??  Do you have any more info on what that is?  Or where I can
>find out more about it??  Thanks...:)
>
>Jennie

Oi. No, I don't have any specifics, but it is a standard editing system now.
The other is LIGHTWORKS, which is PC based (AVID is MAc based). Both use
massive amounts of memory and storage space (optical drives) - not
cheap to by, but the power is wonderful.

Course, it's nice to feel the film slipping between your fingers...

Does anyone have anything more specific on AVID or LIGHTWORKS?

James