SCREEN-L Archives

September 1999, Week 3

From:
Felicity Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 11:51:24 +1000
I am just as surprised to find my classmates in law printing out legal cases
to read - most are over 20 pages each.  We are only looking for specific
things in those cases so it is a complete waste of paper.  I am convinced it
is mostly those who are not competent enough on the computer yet or not
understanding why they are looking at that text.  If you know what you are
looking for or have learned to skim and collect the necessary information
then you don't need to print out.  Towards the beginning of a degree many
still have to learn processes that academics/researchers may take for
granted.  I am filmmaker studying law as a Masters.
Felicity Coombs