SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

From:
Jajasoon Tlitteu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 1994 00:31:01 -0500
Hello, I'm new to this list & am excited to have discovered it.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some research I'm doing.
I'm examining Dragnet in the context of late 60's culture & struggle over
meaning (specifically the construction of LSD, drugs, and youth culture).
I have been unable to find any sort of criticism of Dragnet out there, or
much in the way of crime genre in general that relates to my topic.  Thanks
to Nick at Nite, I am able to watch many episodes of Dragnet, but not any
of its crime contemporaries (specifically looking for The Mod Squad).

If anyone has any suggestions that might lead me toward any of these
directions, it would be much appreciated.  Thanks!
********
jajasoon tlitteu

"Abe Vigoda plays Frankenstein.
   I kiss the Buddha and made him cry."