SCREEN-L Archives

June 1995, Week 1

From:
Peter Sarram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 1995 01:01:39 +0200
>> Looking for articles/books/references on the following topics:
>>
>> 2. Interpretations of modern horror film (post Night of the Living Dead) as
>> political/social criticism. No Robin Wood references needed, I've read'em
>all, or  at least I think so.

Even though it's not directly related to modern horror film, Franco
Moretti's "The Dialectic of Fear" in New Left Review #136 (1982) is a good
cultural/literary critique that is quoted around...thus gaining in
"hipness". Also, btw, as a bit of trivia, Franco Moretti is Nanni Moretti's
(he of Caro Diario fame) academic brother...
I guess it's useless  to tell you about Carol Clover's _Men, Women and
Chainsaws_ and Waller's _American Horrors_...

Peter Sarram
Northwestern University
Department of Radio-TV-Film