SCREEN-L Archives

September 1996, Week 4

From:
Peggi Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 1996 12:48:04 -0400
Jennifer Senft wrote:

> At 09:56 PM 9/16/96 -0500, you wrote:
> >I am trying to figure out a way to add page breaks with the "MORE's" and
> >"CONTINUED's" without having to buy an expensive exterior program.
> >
> >Does anyone know how to write an applescript or whatever for Microsoft
> >word to be able to do this?

> Would you want to do it as a "footer"?  A footer will add the word to > the
 bottom of the page.

> Jennifer

I don't know if this will help but the scripts I've received have not
included _more_ or _continued_ before a page break. The script is a
shooting script or the complete script to be presented for finance
purposes or submitted to a script festival?

I also have question of standard layout of scripts for submission to a
script festival.  I do script translations from to English and many of
the scripts go to international festivals.  The standard in Chile has
been total justification with dialogue using a hanging indent and
bolded.  In books I have  I've seen scene identification centered and
character named above with dialogue having a left and right indent.
I've also seen books presented with the dialogue having a hanging indent
scene indentification centered and italized with movement and
description justified.

I have a lot respect for the filmmakers here and would like to see their
work presented in the best possible form so can some one tell me is
there an international standard for layout and if so what is it.

thanks

Peggi Weaver
como vaca sin cencerro