SCREEN-L Archives

May 2002, Week 1

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:29:05 +0100
7bit
From:
Dr Mikel Koven <[log in to unmask]>
Sorry to start such a seemingly trivial thread, but I was just having a
conversation with a colleague and we were discussing film, television
and related journals which had the highest academic reputations
(deserved or not). These were not necessarily journals which we
subscribe to, read, or even want to submit to, but are considered the
heavy hitters on a CV. The list we came up with is appallingly small:

Screen
Cinema Journal
(maybe)Camera Obscura

And I wanted to put it out to you what your opinions were regarding the
major film and TV journals for academic weight.

Dr. Mikel J. Koven
Lecturer, Department of Theatre, Film and TV
UWA
(01970) 621605

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite