SCREEN-L Archives

October 1996, Week 4

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 11:50:30 -0600
Not being a native son of Minnesota but having lived here for a while now,
I have discovered that if FARGO did not reproduce the accents of Minnesotans,
many Minnesotans have been talking like characters in FARGO!

I'm reminded of Picasso's reply to Gertrude Stein when she protested that his
portrait of her did not look like her.
        "It will!" he said.

Don Larsson, Mankato State U (MN)