SCREEN-L Archives

March 2002, Week 3

From:
Anthony Rocha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 23:45:33 EST
The studios have a reputation for wanting quick
> cash, which is created by putting bums on seats in the Midwest.

Well, definitely in some regards he is right. It is true that all test
screenings are done in Southern Cal. but most often they do not put locals in
the screenings. They look for American tourist from other states to make up
the screenings to get that America feel.

The last time I saw Joel Silver speak he said 'my job is to put asses in
seats."