SCREEN-L Archives

April 1993

From:
Val Todorov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1993 19:51:33 EST
Is there anyone interested in Eastern European cinema? Now I'm making a
research in that area, but unfortunately just several books on that matter
are published in the USA. And the last news in them is from 1986. The
situation is worse if you want to see some of the movies mentioned in
these books. You couldn't find any films on video from Romania, Bulgaria
and even Czechoslovakia, produced after 1970! Only a half of those 50 or
60, which are available, are really good or representative for the region.
   If you can help me to find some of the following movies, or share any
ideas on the subject, I'd really appreciate it.
     Hungarian Rhapsody 78
     Allegro Barbaro 79
     Jesus Christ's Horoscope 89 by Miklos Jancso
     Nostalghia 83 by Andrei Tarkovsky
     My Friend Ivan Lapshin 85 by Alexei German
     Letters from a Dead Man 86 by Konstantin Lopushansky
     Millennial Bee 83
     Flying High 89 by Juraj Jakubisko
     Decalogue 89 by Krzysztof Kieslowski

Val Todorov
Temple University

P.S. If you think that the subject is not of general interest for SCREEN-L,
please answer me personally.
Thank you in advance.