SCREEN-L Archives

June 2001, Week 1

Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 19:40:03 -0400
i'm familiar with most of the caveats listed by "wlt4" in his
recent response -- and we certainly know that we'd need to call
the course something like "story telling with the moving image"
-- but there's one detail wlt4 mentions that puzzles me:

"the effect of aesthetic decisions (for example, long takes
don't work the same in video as in film)" . . .

can someone explain why a long take on film should be
significantly different in aesthetic quality than a long
take on video

mike

PS-- the tentative title of the course provided above is
clearly very awkward . . . we'd love some suggestions for
accurate and pithy alternatives